Saturday, September 14, 2013

Stampeding Through the Bunker

Today marked the day of D and my September 5K. It was called the Bunker Stampede. It was a beautiful course through a nearby regional park. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. It was a smaller race (as in less than 170 competitors) but I think the maximum they let register is 300. So, we knew it would be smaller. It was nice running through the park with the crisp air. In fact, the cooler air threw us for a turn this morning when trying to decide what to wear.

Anyway, D was happy with his time ... and I shaved another 30 seconds off my time, so was very happy. I am truly living the small progress is still progress mantra when it comes to my running. I can't wait until I catch up with him. Right now he's about 8 minutes faster than me, so I have quite a lot of catching up to do. But I will get there!

We hired a babysitter while we ran the race - while I think D offered too much per hour/it was a pretty sweet deal, so it's good to know we have that option going forward.

In other news, I had my hair cut today ... and went for a bob. I had fairly long hair going in, and had been thinking about doing something different. So, I wasn't sure what I was going to do going in, but just suggested to my stylist (aka, my baby sister) to cut it off in a bob. It was fun coming home and surprising D. I knew he was thinking I'd just planned on getting a trim, but instead I came home all different and more polished.

Our dress code returns to business formal this week, so it will be fun to return on Monday with business clothes and a little more of a business-minded haircut. What do you do to celebrate the new season?

No comments: