Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Hump Day

I just finished Sheryl Sandberg's book Lean In. It was a good read, a quick read. But very motivational. I found myself nodding in agreement with the things Sheryl said, like about the right way to have mentors. (Not a formal cold exchange, but in the moment, gleaning expertise.)

She also provided some thoughtful tips and advice on ways to make sure you own your success and move yourself forward. Before I read it, I had wrongly assumed it would be this tome that would have me shaking my head and saying, "well, that works in your situation." But it was highly relatable on most levels and written in a light converational tone. A reccommend for anyone looking for how to navigate the corporate world and help businesses succeed.

I hope to keep her sage words in the back of my head daily as inspiration.


No comments: