Saturday, September 07, 2013

The Woman Behind the Mask

This is the post I planned today last night, to keep with my every day September posts, but by time I got home it was too late and I couldn't figure out how to get the photos uploaded from my iPad to the blog. Had to wait until I could go old school and post from the computer.

Last night, I did one of those things that always makes you go "I wonder what people do that?!" Last night, I lived the dream. (Okay, maybe not my dream ... but I am sure someone's dream. Last night, I ran in a mascot race. Yes, you read that right. I intentionally ran in a crazy hot, heavy costume. And it was hot. Like high 80s and  humid by time the game started.

The place: Target Field. Minnesota Twins vs. the Toronto Blue Jays. Each Twins game, they have a mascot race after the 4th inning.
So, me and four other willing souls suited up. got into character and had to run for our lives. well ... we just had to run a short distance. Let me tell you, you cannot see a thing in those costumes ... except for about six inches in front of you on the ground. Me ... I was the lovely Skeeta.
And the feet ... yeah, they make it a little hard to run, too. But you figure it out. And even though you get super sweaty, and you really have no idea what is going on, you have fun. The best part ... I almost won.

I ran hard, and you really can't see where the others are. So, when I saw the ribbon signifying the end, I was so exciting. But then I felt someone next to me ... and Bullseye won. Gosh darn it. But you know, it was the guy in the costumes son's second birthday and he was at the game ... so in the end, I'm glad he won. Okay, no, I still wish I won, but there's always next time!

No comments: