Thursday, September 12, 2013

Just Another Day at the Office

It's not every day that you can say you attended a work meeting with The Band Perry, Luke Bryan, Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake. But today I can say that. Yes, it was the big company's annual meeting. We hear from our top leaders, get inspired for the remainder of the year and are treated to musical delights.

This year, I wrote one of the speeches being delivered. It's a strange sensation watching someone deliver the words you craft. My executive did a great job. They delivered it the way I would have wanted. I was very happy. In fact, it was a perfect day all around.

I had a great lunch with my team. We chatted, we bonded. We then went to the meeting and had a great time. Afterwards, we enjoyed a team happy hour and bonded more.

Yes, it's days like this that make you realize that you work for a great place, you have great work friends and you are inspired to do great work.

It's a shame that it's only once a year, but then again, if it were more frequent, it would not be as special. Yes, sometimes when  you work for corporate America, you realize you work for the man. But working for the man can also be pretty sweet ... and our company does lots of good, so that helps, too.

Here's to ending the evening feeling inspired.

No comments: