Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Long Good Week

Perhaps I shouldn't have tried to commit to blog every day in a month that I knew I would be so busy ... oh, well. Yesterday, by the time I got home and unwound ... there just wasn't enough juice in me to spin a good tale.

Yesterday was rehearsal day. I got to see my c-suite exec practice their speech. It was interesting. And I don't envy the position of having to deliver a speech to 15,000 people. I wish them all the best in having a kick-arse delivery tomorrow.

Today I was able to attend a session to hear other company leaders motivate their teams. They did an excellent job. I was quite impressed with the authenticity and energy they conveyed. I also got to see a special session that a friend of mine worked on ... it was great. Of course it was, she is awesome.

And finally I got attend an event that helps you understand some of the strategies of where the company is heading. Again, marvelously executed. Lots of energy.

Yes, this week is one that always reminds me about the excitement of working for a Fortune 50 company. It also is the week that officially gets me into straight-on autumn agenda. Yay!

No comments: